the Gutenberg Interface
Gutenberg is the default WordPress editor. Using a block-based approach, Gutenberg includes every element you typically need to create a web page, such as paragraphs, headings, lists, buttons, widgets, embeds, and columns.
features in the Gutenberg interface
[A] Add new block.
[B] Undo / Redo buttons
[C] Number of words, blocks, etc.
[D] Overview of construction layout
[E] Add new block
[F] Add shortcut block.
[G] Preview | Publish | Settings
- Preview - opens a live preview of your message
- Publish / Update - publishes/updates your post
- Settings hide the sidebar
- Other options such as switching to the code editor, etc.
- Document – settings for status, date, revisions, permalink, cover image, discussion, and page attributes.
- Block - settings for the selected block
[I] General document settings (Block settings are only visible when a block is selected)
[J] Select categories and tags
[K] Select the cover image
[L] Visible text in the news (blog) overview
[M] Allow or disallow comments, track- and pingbacks
To add a block, open the drop-down menu [A], find and select the block you need. Each Gutenberg block has its own Block Editor where its content can be modified. Click in the block to bring up this editor. The editing options differ per block.
More Options this opens a number of general possibilities:
- Show/Hide Block Settings to adjust the layout settings of the block.
- Duplicate: Duplicates the content of the selected block into a new block.
- Insert Before: Add block above the selected block
- Insert After: Add block below the selected block
- Edit as HTML: Edit the code directly
- Add to reusable block: This allows you to quickly save any WordPress block you frequently use.
- Remove Block:
Although I have tried to write an up-to-date manual, information may be out of date due to updates from the WordPress Team. I cannot guarantee the correctness of the content and cannot be held liable.
Last updated on 28.12.2022
* It is not allowed to copy, change or submit the content and/or layout under your own name to offer.